Is this forum dead?

Not sure if what you want to post fits in the other forums? Post it here!
drh1933

Is this forum dead?

#1 Post by drh1933 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:28 am

I signed up in good faith, but forum seems to have died at birth!

MG - Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Is this forum dead?

#2 Post by MG - Admin » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:26 pm

We'll see how it goes. The "official" launch for Photopia hasn't happened yet, so maybe that's part of the slow start. The other part of it is that many of the ProShow users from the ProShow Enthusiasts forum are still trying to decide if paying a subscription fee is worth making the switch.

More importantly, word of mouth is what helped get the ProShow Enthusiasts forum going. There was a Yahoo group prior to the Enthusiasts group, but it lacked organization and folks were looking for a resource they could rely on getting help at. Word spread quickly and the membership count grew fast along with activity. I think it will be a bit of a challenge making people aware of the new forum initially, but eventually I think they will come.

Photopia has it's own forum, but from what I've seen of it, other than copying some of the format from the ProShow Enthusiasts forum, I don't see anything that would attract me as an ongoing contributor. Right now that's where support will be provided by Photopia, but as the community grows I think most people will want a resource such as this forum to share ideas and really make the most of the software.

Time will tell, but I do appreciate your early support and hope that it's just the start of something bigger.

Thanks for posting!

Mike

SammieDog

#3 Post by SammieDog » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:20 am

Just to confirm that I keep looking in!

Hopefully once people start to get to grips and the bugs get sorted in Photopia the forum will become more active.

Robert

Photomill
Donor
Donor

#4 Post by Photomill » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:40 pm

Hello Robert, ... I agree with Mike. Photopia has not had an "official" launch yet and is still not known to the general public. I suspect that when we revisit this thread in 6 months, it will be a totally different discussion. Keep the faith and hang in there !
...Steve